As I continue to explore life through the lens of art journaling and mixed-media techniques, my eyes have sharpened. I see things in ways that I never expected. I seek out patterns, color combinations, and fresh approaches to combining techniques that I've learned from other artist's online.

I am happiest, when I am in the midst of magazine images and colorful mark makers like Crayola crayons, Caran D'Arche Neocolor II, Portraits' Watersoluble Oil Pastels, Gelatos, acrylics or watercolors and a glue stick.

I love sharing ideas and inspiring others, so once a month I gather materials and head over to a local gallery to teach a small group of women. We journey together to discover our created selves, to express our unspoken desires and to SEE how integrating who we are and what we want makes us who we will become.

Our theme this year is "Seeing NEW!" Using various techniques and projects, we are widening our perspective. Today, we worked on accordian books, which we adapted from ideas demonstrated by Daisy Yellow. I had prepared two books before class, and had a blank one, when I arrived home.

After being in the midst of these creative ones, I wanted to play some more. I recently learned a technique from Jenniebellie's Monthly Challenge. In December, she challenged us to embrace a childhood game of making inkspots, using acrylic paints and scraps of paper.

It occured to me that the creases in my accordian book would be a perfect place to create some colorful "inkspots."
We definitely will be applying this technique to a future project in class! That was as far as I got with this book, so it will be fun to see what I add to the other side.

Here are some more photos of the books in progress.
Picture
three books from one manila folder
Picture
side one of "love" book
Picture
side two, I love the blank canvas panel with bird!
Picture
opposite side of "models" book, traced the images and then cut out and glued over security envelopes that I "harvested" from the mail

Comments

06/13/2016 7:42am

What is the great thing in this world that is every human wants in every kind and field of the life. The new, those who are having the monies always prefer to buy the new gadgets for their selves. Others are just trying to buying them.

12/14/2016 3:36am

They’re so lovely and you can sell those like a greeting card. Of all your accordion book mixed media design, I like the colorful ink spots. The splash and splats of colors is so cool. It looked very natural and stimulating. Each fold speaks of a story waiting to be told. If I were to tell a story, I think the first fold looks like two men having a face-off. And then the middle fold is like a forest with a giant tree. While the last fold looks like a butterfly or maybe my imagination is just bizarre.

08/26/2016 12:56pm

Where do you sell all this pretty things?

10/12/2016 12:03am

That is indispensable that in the event that you let your website desolate without level headed discussion, it will pick a notoriety menurunm how about we keep up your soul to make this blog a developing number of cutting edge.

10/12/2016 12:15am

Your gifts and consideration you search for construct Yag-borne blog since we are amazingly cheerful and fulfilling with what you give your cool with this web journal.

07/01/2017 1:49am

Virtual Private Network gives you a chance to utilize the web all the more safely and gives you a chance to defeat territorial limitations.When determining the best VPN for Android, you need to look out for a few things. Evryone is looking for Fastest and Safe VPN. You can check here No.of Best VPN listed. Psiphon VPN is a great tool for you to go surfing on internet freely and it's free!

Quickbooks Support Phone Number,