Storming into the year, April has announced her arrival. March tramped along quite briskly, and I am stunned by the fierce beauty of April. Celebrating life and lamenting loss at the same time. Longing for the fullness of February's love and days filled with art making. (28 Days of Being YOU!)

In my quest to remain creatively engaged this year, I discovered two weekly creative prompts to document and explore life...The Documented Life Project and Journal52.
I create to keep me primed and inspired. I am a writer-teacher-artist. So I want to impart knowledge and inspire others to make art, too. It's in me to generate ideas and write words. To follow the Creator into creative pursuits, as part of living out of my true created self.

As I gaze through April's portal and into the following months: May, June, July and August (favorites for certain) and the mellowing of autumn and the certain arrival once again of lumbering winter, I wonder what lies ahead for the rest of this year.

I have always wanted to visit Paris. The city that's made of writers' and artists' dreams. A retreat to Paris is the stuff of my imagination. I would rent a pied-a-terre (a small living unit, as a secondary residence) overlooking the Siene. I would bring blank journals and a few art supplies to sketch, paint, draw and write about my days in the fair city. I would drink cafe au lait every morning with a croissant and jam. I would rent a bike for transport, surveying all the sites and back alleyways; off the beaten path.

But alas, this is only a daydream.

Yet, I have my imagination and all the creative stash a person could want . . . so why not create my own "April in Paris" right here in my own fair city, St, Louie!

Oui!
Yes! I already have my own little room, my studio with the view of Paris on my storage closet, French music and cafe au lait. Maybe I could learn to make croissants from scratch. I will be transported through my journal and pen, various art supplies and Eric Maisel's A Writer's Paris: A Guided Journey for the Creative Soul. (Who knows I may even discover some new French roots right here in St. Louis.)

I hope you will join me. Choose your own city, your own creative place that evokes daring adventures in your soul. Pick up your journal and pen, and a few art supplies if you so wish.

Leave me a comment to let me know how you plan to spend April in pursuit of you
r true created self! Bon voyage!

Linking with Five Minute Friday

Comments

04/04/2014 2:01pm

I love this idea...I am coming! ;) I actually want to see pics. I have lots of projects I want to work on but writing is #1. However I have a fun idea I am looking forward to working on creatively... well as always, love you, my kindred spirit friend! Hope you are well, hope you got my spazzy note in the snail mail.

Kel Rohlf
04/04/2014 2:28pm

Dawn- I am so glad you are joining me! I will post pictures! If you have any photos post them at the souldare facebook group...I think you are a member there, too :)

I loved your note! And business card! I plan to use the cover of the card in one of my art journals :)

See you soon! I am looking forward to more of your creative ideas!

04/04/2014 2:26pm

I envisioned myself there through your writing. Lovely!!

Kel Rohlf
04/04/2014 2:30pm

Rachel- Thanks for stopping by! Writing transports us, doesn't it!

04/04/2014 2:33pm

My April is starting off more like Iceland than Paris, but I still love your visuals...I may have to plan my own "trip" this weekend to a little cafe in Finland where I can relax for a few hours, sip some coffee, enjoy the serenity that can come with writing.

Kel Rohlf
04/04/2014 2:42pm

Andrea- Finland sounds wonderful! I hope you treat yourself to the time! Ahh...coffee, writing, serenity!

04/04/2014 2:40pm

Oh my gosh, what a great idea! My planned trip to Paris just fell through a few weeks ago so this just might be the ticket I use to "travel" there. More than that though, I'm taking your idea to help me be inspired by setting my surroundings to assist. Thanks

Kel Rohlf
04/04/2014 2:44pm

Lisa- So glad that the post encouraged you to set your surroundings in a way to enjoy Paris in your heart! And I hope we both get to go there for real some day!

04/04/2014 3:08pm

I haven't thought of an April in Paris but your retreat at home sounds wonderful. I plan to spend April in pursuit of my created self through my hobbies of writing, creating and gardening (if the snow melts)

Kel Rohlf
04/04/2014 7:25pm

Awesome pursuits for April...I want to plant peas this year...I always wait until it gets too warm and they don't produce :(

05/13/2016 5:32pm

Paris is the capital and most populous city of France. It is situated on the Seine River. Paris is the most beautiful and romantic of all cities. Paris is also famous with "City of light" and "Capital of Fashion". It is home to the world's finest and most luxurious fashion designers and cosmetics. Nice to know traveling from you, and may you want to find more please visit villaconciergebali.com.

Paris is a great city and people from all around the world come here to have a great time enjoying with the beauty of the city and for the historic Eiffel Tower. Thanks for the amazing post about your April in this city.

10/12/2016 12:03am

Supportive once you can go here and it will make us who got to be entranced perusers and numerous profit from this web journal.

10/12/2016 12:16am

You never stop for an assortment of information to the perusers and viewers to your online journal surely.